Writing a Financial Services App in Python

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:07:27 EST 2015

On 11/19/2015 08:24 AM, Cai Gengyang wrote:
> It will be a web-based application.

Contract it out.  Or attract people who are interested in making an open
source application.  What you are thinking of is a massive undertaking.

Web-based application design is even more complicated than desktop app
design.  Web development involves many different languages.  Requires a
working knowledge of:

- Python programming
- a web framework for processing events like Django or web2py or
something similar
- html
- css
- SQL
- Javascript, including jquery and probably others

To say nothing of the algorithms necessary to implement the trend
analysis you speak of.

> I for example, am a terrible trader because of having almost zero
> discipline and thus keep losing money.

Something tells me if the people you're trying to help have zero
discipline, then I don't think software is really going to help them.
Computers are just tools.