non-blocking getkey?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Nov 18 08:06:31 EST 2015

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> >       from Tkinter import Tk
> >       from tkFileDialog import askopenfilename
> >
> >       Tk().withdraw()
> >       file = askopenfilename()
>
> To get multiple names, add 's'.

I have found it already, thanks.

> The limitation is that this will not work if any of the file names
> contain astral (non-BMP) chars because tk cannot handle such characters.

What are "astral chars"?

But anyway, askopenfilename() is a dead end for me: one cannot select
directories with it, just plain files.
In my application the user MUST select files and directories (in one go).

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
Allmandring 30a                Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/