find which Python libraries are most influential in scientific research

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 22:58:04 EST 2015

On Nov 9, 2015 7:41 PM, "Heather Piwowar" <hpiwowar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today's scientists often turn to Python to run analysis, simulation, and
other sciency tasks.

> That makes us wonder: which Python libraries are most influential in
scientific research?

> We just released a tool (built in Python, of course) to answer that
question. It's called Depsy [1], it's funded by the US National Science
Foundation, and we'd love your comments.

> For more information, see our blog post [2] and paper [3].  The
scientific/engineering tag is a great place to start exploring [4].

https://github.com/Impactstory/depsy-research/blob/master/introducing_depsy.md
> 4. http://depsy.org/tag/scientific%252Fengineering

FYI, the depsy.org site is completely unusable on my Android phone.