find which Python libraries are most influential in scientific research

Heather Piwowar hpiwowar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:36:13 EST 2015

Today's scientists often turn to Python to run analysis, simulation, and other sciency tasks.

That makes us wonder: which Python libraries are most influential in scientific research?

We just released a tool (built in Python, of course) to answer that question. It's called Depsy [1], it's funded by the US National Science Foundation, and we'd love your comments.

For more information, see our blog post [2] and paper [3].  The scientific/engineering tag is a great place to start exploring [4].

Heather Piwowar and Jason Priem

1. http://depsy.org
2. http://blog.impactstory.org/introducing-depsy
3. https://github.com/Impactstory/depsy-research/blob/master/introducing_depsy.md