Creating PST files using Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 17:12:45 EST 2015

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 6:09 AM, Anthony Papillion
<anthony at cajuntechie.org> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a module that allows the wiring of Outlook PST files using Python? I'm working on a project that will require me to migrate 60gb of maildir mail (multiple accounts) to Outlook.

*wince*

I don't, but if there is such a thing, it'll probably be mentioned here:

https://pypi.python.org

But be careful. My gut feeling is that the format will be different in
every version of Outlook, so you'll need something exactly matching
it.

Since you're migrating your mail *to* Outlook, I'd look for some means
of importing mail. Worst case, you could create a bunch of files in
the maildir layout, spin up an off-the-shelf POP3 server, and tell
Outlook to read it all.

Personally, though, I'd refuse the job altogether. Creating a 60GB
blob of mail is going to cause nothing but pain. That might even be
beyond Outlook's current hard limit - I don't know. Bad, bad idea.

ChrisA