Fixing Python install on the Mac after running 'CleanMyMac'

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Fri May 29 12:44:29 EDT 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Ned Deily <nad at acm.org> wrote:

> Well, she could just download a current Python 2.7.x for OS X from
> python.org, install it, and see if that solves the problem.  That would
> be likely the easiest thing to do and is unlikely to make matters worse.

Might that appear to work at first, but leave some subtle issues which are
not at first apparent? I don't know how intertwined Apple's Python instance
is in the day-to-day operation of the operating system (it certainly seems
to be on some Linux distros), but it's possible that some Apple-specific
package isn't available at part of the stock Python 2.7 distribution.

Skip