Fixing Python install on the Mac after running 'CleanMyMac'

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Fri May 29 05:59:51 EDT 2015

In a message of Thu, 28 May 2015 23:07:42 -0700, Ned Deily writes:
>It would be helpful to know what utility it is that is encountering the
>fatal error; that message is not familiar and I suspect it is coming
>from trying to run some third-party application.  It may be that the
>application was depending on a third-party framework installation of
>Python (in /Library/Frameworks rather than the system Python in
>/System/Library/Frameworks), such as provided by the python.org OS X
>installers, but without knowing more information, like what particular
>version of Python is needed, it would only be speculation.  Perhaps the
>best thing to do is to suggest the OP to participate directly here or an
>Apple users' forum like http://apple.stackexchange.com.
>
>--
> Ned Deily,
> nad at acm.org

I asked her to come here, but I fear she is feeling a tad too
embarassed to do that right now.  I don't know how to find out
the name of the Utility -- the Error message really does say
'Utility' -- with no name for it.  Apparantly there is some log
file you can go take a look at to find out, but I don't know
what it is ...

Laura