Logic problem: need better logic for desired thruth table.

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu May 28 19:03:53 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-28, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 2015-05-28, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 05/28/2015 03:58 PM, sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com wrote:
>>> I think the logic you're really looking for is:
>>>
>>> return BotWaitForCooldown or (not (BotWaitForCooldown or CooldownDetected))
>>
>> Yes this is the simplest form.
>
> Not really.
>

> In old school notation, that's
>             ___
>         A + A+B
>
> [...]

That derivation was excessively round-about.  Here is the same thing
in fewer steps:

Invert:
         _______
             ___
         A + A+B

De Morgan:
         _
         A * (A + B)

Distribute:
         _     _
         A*A + A*B

Drop the null term:
          _
          A*B

Invert (to cancel out the first step)
          ___
          _
          A*B

De Morgan:
            _
          A+B

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm reporting for duty
                                  at               as a modern person.  I want