Logic problem: need better logic for desired thruth table.

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu May 28 18:54:23 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-28, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/28/2015 03:58 PM, sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com wrote:
>> I think the logic you're really looking for is:
>>
>> return BotWaitForCooldown or (not (BotWaitForCooldown or CooldownDetected))
>
> Yes this is the simplest form.

Not really.

In old school notation, that's
            ___
        A + A+B

Apply De Morgan's law to the second term
            _   _
       A + (A * B)

Invert
       ________
            _ _
       A + (A*B)

Apply Demorgan's law once
            _____
       _    _   _
       A * (A * B)

and again for the second term
       _
       A * (A + B)

Apply the distributive property:

       _     _
       A*A + A*B

The first term is always false, so we can drop it:
       _
       A*B

Now invert it again to cancel out the one we did back a few steps:

       ___
       _
       A*B

De Morgan one last time:
           _
       A + B

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Xerox your lunch
                                  at               and file it under "sex