Pep 484 Type Hint Checker - Python releases supported?

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Thu May 28 18:06:59 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe I heard that the PEP 484 type checker is to go into CPython 3.5.
>
> Since type annotations have been there since 3.0, is it at all likely
> that CPython versions < 3.5 will also be supported by this checker?

All that's going into 3.5 is the typing.py module, which will also be
distributed on PyPI.  The actual type checking is being left to
third-party tools like MyPy (which was the basis for the typing.py
module).

I'm not sure if there is any plan to ever include an actual type
checker with the base Python distribution.

--
Zach