Accessing DataSocket Server with Python

Garrone, Corrado corrado.garrone at roche.com
Wed May 27 07:30:06 EDT 2015

Dear Python Team,

currently I am working on a research project for my bachelor degree. A
LabVIEW application is used for current and power measurements, whereas the
measured data are sent to DataSocket Server, a technology by National
Instruments used for data exchange between computers and applications.
DataSocket is based on TCP/IP and thus requesting data from DataSocket
should be similar to an internet request.
I know with the socket library in Python it is possible with to establish
sockets, send internet requests and communicate between clients and
servers.
Is there a possibility to access NI DataSocket and get measurement data
with Python on the same computer where Python is installed and the codes
are executed? Can you maybe send me an example code where such a connection
with DataSocket is established?

If you got any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Kind regards,

 *Corrado Garrone*
DH-Student Fachrichtung Elektrotechnik / Co-op Student B.Eng. Electrical
Engineering

Roche Diagnostics GmbH
DFGHMV8Y6164
Sandhofer Strasse 116
68305 Mannheim / Germany

Phone: apprentice
mailto:corrado.garrone at roche.com <corrado.garrone at roche.com>

 *Roche Diagnostics GmbH*
Sandhofer Straße 116; D‑68305 Mannheim; Telefon +49‑621‑759‑0;
Telefax +49‑621‑759‑2890
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim - Registergericht: AG Mannheim HRB 3962 -
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Ursula Redeker, Sprecherin; Edgar Vieth -
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Severin Schwan

 *Confidentiality Note*
This message is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the message. Any
unauthorized use of the information contained in this message is prohibited.