Camelot a good tool for me

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Fri May 22 13:56:34 EDT 2015

In a message of Fri, 22 May 2015 19:24:30 +0200, Lele Gaifax writes:
>Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> writes:
>
>> In my corner of the world, everybody uses SQL.
>> [...]
>> The people who have tried SQLAlchemy really didn't like it, and of course
>> the people who haven't tried it do what their friends do, as usual.
>
>If these sentences are related, you must live in a very strange corner!
>
>;-)

>ciao, lele.
>--
>nickname: Lele Gaifax | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
>real: Emanuele Gaifas | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.
>lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.

Just looks like home to me. :)  But explains why, should you ever
want to use SQLALchemy for something you would have to look long and
hard around here to find somebody who uses it -- whereas practically
every bar downtown (near both Chalmers university and a lot of IT jobs)
will find you somebody who knows MySQL.  (They won't all know the
Python interface, though.)  That MySQL was invented in Sweden
probably has a lot to do with this.  But I'm a PostgreSQL partisan,
though these days I am rather more fond of non-relational
databases like MongoDB which I suppose is even ranker heresy. :)

Laura