Rule of order for dot operators?

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Tue May 19 22:44:40 EDT 2015

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 10:26:56 PM UTC-4, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

> And who appointed you moderator?  I would not mind if you *asked* people
> publicly for politeness as I do that myself sometimes, but I do mind the
> overall tone of your off-topic comments, your apparently trying to dictate
> what people are allowed to say here.  If that's the way this newsgroup
> works, I am off here.  (But I seriously doubt it.)  Because that is _not_
> how Usenet is supposed to work.

I am not a moderator, just someone who cares about the tone
in the group.

The Python community has a code of conduct
(https://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/), and people on this
mailing list are expected to adhere to it.  It is where I got
the words "respectful" and "considerate".  The code of conduct
is how the Python community is supposed to work.

I'm sorry my post seemed too pushy.  Consider it a request for
polite discourse.

--Ned.