Rule of order for dot operators?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn PointedEars at web.de
Tue May 19 22:24:05 EDT 2015

Ned Batchelder wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 6:33:46 PM UTC-4, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thomas is a professional dick, he can't help it, he's been a
>> > professional dick for years in php and javascript groups, and now he's
>> > obviously spreading himself further afield. He usually confines his
>> > wisdom to pointing out faults in other's posts, rather than offering
>> > any constructive input himself.
>>
>> Yes, I am a professional, while you are just a dick.  Every single time.
>
> Everyone should stop calling people names.
>
> Thomas, you were obnoxious to the OP, and now you are being obnoxious (and
> factually incorrect) to Denis.
>
> Steven and Denis: you were too blunt in your objections.
>
> Be considerate. Be respectful.

Yes, I could have skipped this comment, and I am not in the habit of calling
names; but frankly, enough is enough.  Denis is posting libellous statements
about me in every Big 8 newsgroup in which I participate because he often
posts awfully wrong technically statements and just cannot stand being
corrected by me.

And who appointed you moderator?  I would not mind if you *asked* people
publicly for politeness as I do that myself sometimes, but I do mind the
overall tone of your off-topic comments, your apparently trying to dictate
what people are allowed to say here.  If that’s the way this newsgroup
works, I am off here.  (But I seriously doubt it.)  Because that is _not_
how Usenet is supposed to work.

For now, just EOD for me, and F'up2 poster.

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2