I do not have access to the right _hierarchy.py source file

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Sun May 17 12:42:23 EDT 2015

On May 17, 2015 11:20 AM, "pegah Aliz" <pegah.alizadeh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> This question seems simple, but I can't find the solution:

<snip>

> To solve this problem, I checked linkage() function and inside it I
needed to check _hierarchy.linkage() method. I use pycharm text editor and
when I asked for "linkage" source code, it opened up a python file namely
"_hierarchy.py" inside the directory like the following:

> .PyCharm40/system/python_stubs/-1247972723/scipy/cluster/_hierarchy.py
>
> This python file doesn't have any definition for all included functions.
> I am wondering what is the correct source of this function to revise it
and solve my problem.
> I would be appreciated if someone helps me to explore the correct source.

What you're seeing is basically an implementation detail of PyCharm: they
include "stub" files for many standard library and third party packages
that have C source in order to provide parameter completion and other
features. Chances are very good that you actually need '_hierarchy.c' from
somewhere in SciPy's source; unfortunately I can't help you beyond telling
you that.

Hope this helps,
--
Zach