Testing build

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Wed May 13 13:15:23 EDT 2015

Op Wednesday 13 May 2015 17:45 CEST schreef Chris Angelico:

> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:18 AM, Cecil Westerhof <Cecil at decebal.nl> wrote:
>> With: python3 -m test -j3 I now get: Traceback (most recent call
>> last): File "/usr/lib64/python3.4/runpy.py", line 170, in
>> _run_module_as_main "__main__", mod_spec) File
>> "/usr/lib64/python3.4/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code exec(code,
>> run_globals) File "/usr/lib64/python3.4/_import_failed/test.py",
>> line 21, in <module> Please file a bug on the Novell Bugzilla.""")
>> ImportError: Module '{}' is not installed. It is supposed to be
>> part of python3 distribution, but missing from failed import map.
>> Please file a bug on the Novell Bugzilla.
>
> ... wat?
>
> I'm having trouble parsing the grammar of that, but I'm guessing
> something isn't properly set up to allow you to run the test suite
> on Python 3. You could try using your package manager (is that
> zypper?) to install more Python packages, though I'm not sure what
> you'd go for. Is there a "python3-all" package, perhaps? Otherwise,
> try a "python3-dev" package, or similar.

I needed python3-testsuite. For python 3 that is needed, for python 2
not.

Now I get:
    .
    .
    .
    [381/388/4] test_xmlrpc_net
    test_xmlrpc_net skipped -- Use of the 'network' resource not enabled
    [382/388/4] test_wait4
    [383/388/4] test_zipfile64
    test_zipfile64 skipped -- test requires loads of disk-space bytes and a long time to run
    [384/388/4] test_zipimport
    [385/388/4] test_zipimport_support
    [386/388/4] test_zlib
    [387/388/4] test_xmlrpc
    [388/388/4] test_zipfile
    355 tests OK.
    4 tests failed:
        test_compileall test_dbm_dumb test_pydoc test_site
    29 tests skipped:
        test_codecmaps_cn test_codecmaps_hk test_codecmaps_jp
        test_codecmaps_kr test_codecmaps_tw test_curses test_dbm
        test_dbm_gnu test_dbm_ndbm test_devpoll test_gdb test_idle
        test_kqueue test_msilib test_ossaudiodev test_shelve test_smtpnet
        test_socketserver test_startfile test_timeout test_tk test_tools
        test_ttk_guionly test_urllib2net test_urllibnet test_winreg
        test_winsound test_xmlrpc_net test_zipfile64

I will look into it later, but it does not look to bad.

> In any case, you shouldn't have this problem on a Py3 that you build
> from source. What you're looking at is a cut-down Python standard
> library that assumes that most people won't need to run the test
> suite - which is a reasonable assumption, but one you're now
> breaking. :)

Sometimes I do things a little differently. ;-)

>> With:
>> python2 -m  test.regrtest -j3
>> I now get:
>> 354 tests OK.
>> 3 tests failed:
>> test_distutils test_gdb test_poplib
>> 4 skips unexpected on linux2:
>> test_dbm test_gdbm test_idle test_tools
>>
>> This is on openSUSE 13.2.
>
> This looks like a normal test run. You're seeing some failures,
> which should have been run verbosely further above; the unexpected
> skips might mean that you need to tell the test runner that it's
> allowed to use certain resources, but otherwise they're probably not
> a big deal.

I will look into this also later.

--
Cecil Westerhof