Updating a package on PyPi, testing and etiquette

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 12 20:08:05 EDT 2015

Rob Gaddi <rgaddi at technologyhighland.invalid> writes:

> On Wed, 13 May 2015 08:35:02 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > Rob Gaddi <rgaddi at technologyhighland.invalid> writes:
> >
> >> B) If I can't manage that, what's the etiquette behind having later
> >> versions of a module break compatibility with older versions of
> >> Python.
> >
> > Consult your user community, tell them the issue […] Involve them in
> > the process.
>
> The only user community that I know about for this is three people […]

Then, prior to questions of etiquette, you need to begin engaging with
your user community in the first place :-)

Seriously, if you have no good way of contacting your user community,
it's difficult to talk about the right way to treat with them. You might
first set up a forum (e.g. a mailing list) to discuss future releases
with them.

--
 \          “If you get invited to your first orgy, don't just show up |
  `\             nude. That's a common mistake. You have to let nudity |