Looks like Python 3 files do not confirm to Python 3

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri May 1 03:00:37 EDT 2015

On Fri, 1 May 2015 04:27 pm, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> On my system in:
> /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/ndg/httpsclient/ssl_peer_verification.py

ndg is a third-party package, not part of the Python 3 standard library.

> it says:
>     try:
>         from ndg.httpsclient.subj_alt_name import SubjectAltName
>         from pyasn1.codec.der import decoder as der_decoder
>         SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT = True
>     except ImportError, e:
[...]
> which gives:
>     File
>     "/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/ndg/httpsclient/ssl_peer_verification.py",
>     line 17
>       except ImportError, e:

I think you're missing the last line of the error. I'm guessing it was
probably NameError: name 'e' is not defined.

> Does my system have outdated files, or are there still Python 3 files
> that do not conform to Python 3?

I would say, either you have accidentally installed a Python 2 file in your
Python 3 library, or it is simply a bug in ndg.

--
Steven