Looks like Python 3 files do not confirm to Python 3

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Fri May 1 02:27:04 EDT 2015

On my system in:
/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/ndg/httpsclient/ssl_peer_verification.py

it says:
    try:
        from ndg.httpsclient.subj_alt_name import SubjectAltName
        from pyasn1.codec.der import decoder as der_decoder
        SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT = True
    except ImportError, e:
        SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT = False
        SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT_MSG = (
            'SubjectAltName support is disabled - check pyasn1 package '
            'installation to enable'
        )
        import warnings
        warnings.warn(SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT_MSG)

which gives:
    File "/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/ndg/httpsclient/ssl_peer_verification.py", line 17
      except ImportError, e:

Does my system have outdated files, or are there still Python 3 files
that do not conform to Python 3?

The only real python program I use at the moment uses:
    import urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl

and then you get this error.

So another reason to stay with Python 2. (While still writing code
that works in Python3.)

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer