Python 3 success story

Mario Figueiredo marfig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 20:24:50 EDT 2015

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 19:28:16 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>
wrote:

>So I suggested going ahead and testing PyBrain by using it.  This
>appears to have worked out well. I believe the only 2-3 issue she ran
>into was a '/' that needed to become '//', that either 2to3 or I missed
>in the initial conversion. She had more problems with exception messages
>that she could not understand.  If anything, those have been improved in
>3.x (and such improvements continue).

This is good news, Terry. Have you considered requesting a fork from
the authors? And if you don't get the required attention, just fork it
yourself? Even if you don't plan to maintain it, it would be nice to
have it available for someone else to do it.

A quick look at the GitHub pages reveals the project has pretty much
stalled. Although it could be it achieved a good enough stable status,
this is a machine learning project and those tend to always require
constant work.