Python 3 lack of support for fcgi/wsgi.

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Mon Mar 30 16:07:49 EDT 2015

On 3/29/2015 7:11 PM, John Nagle wrote:
>     Meanwhile, I've found two more variants on "flup"
>
> 	https://pypi.python.org/pypi/flipflop
> 	https://pypi.python.org/pypi/flup6
>
> All of these are descended from the original "flup" code base.
>
> PyPi also has
>
> 	fcgi-python (Python 2.6, Windows only.)
> 	fcgiapp (circa 2005)
> 	superfcgi (circa 2009)
>
> Those can probably be ignored.
>
> One of the "flup" variants may do the job, but since there
> are so many, and no single version has won out, testing is
> necessary.  "flipflop" looks promising, simply because the
> author took all the code out that you don't need on a server.

   "flipflop" works well with Apache.  It does log
"WARNING: SCRIPT_NAME does not match REQUEST_URI" for any URL
renamed using mod_rename with Apache, but other than that,
it seems to do the job.  The warning message was copied
over from "flup", and there's an issue for it for one of the
"flup" variants.  So I referenced that issue for "flipflop":

https://github.com/Kozea/flipflop/issues

That's part of the problem of having all those forks - now
each bug has to be fixed in each fork.

After all this, the production system is now running entirely
on Python 3.

				John Nagle