pycurl.error: (55, 'select/poll returned error')

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Mon Mar 30 02:44:55 EDT 2015

Nagy László Zsolt <gandalf at shopzeus.com> writes:

> 2015.03.28. 7:43 keltezéssel, dieter írta:
>> Nagy László Zsolt <gandalf at shopzeus.com> writes:
>>
>>> When calling  curl.perform() on a curl instance I get this:
>>>
>>> pycurl.error: (55, 'select/poll returned error')
> The same server is happily accepting files over 4GB from other
> clients. Those other clients are exactly the same client programs, but
> they are running on Windows. Only the one on this FreeBSD box is
> throwing the error.

Maybe, you can find out what was the real error reported by
"select/poll" (the "55" above might be the "errno" and in
you OS header files, you may find what it means).

*nix* derivatives have a peculiarity (missing under Windows).
There waiting system calls may prematurely return with
the error "interrupted system call".
Likely, this should give waiting applications a chance to reassess
the state after a signal interrupt and decide for themselves
whether the waiting should be continued. In most contexts,
"interrupted system call" should not be considered an error and the
interrupted call should be restartet. Maybe, "pycurl" misses to do that.