Python 3 lack of support for fcgi/wsgi.

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Sun Mar 29 15:42:25 EDT 2015

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com>:

> There's "wsgiref", which looks more promising, but has a different
> interface. That's not what the Python documentation recommends as the
> first choice, but it's a standard module.
>
> I keep thinking I'm almost done with Python 3 hell, but then I get
> screwed by Python 3 again.

I sympathize but Python 3 is the victim here, wsgi is the culprit.

Some years ago I had to write wsgi client code. I found it easiest to
write the XML messages by hand and have a tiny Python script ("lather")
supply the SOAP envelope handle the message interchange. I found the
support libraries didn't really add any value on top of raw XML (in my
case, anyway).

Marko