Python 3 lack of support for fcgi/wsgi.

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Mar 29 15:11:22 EDT 2015

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> writes:

> The Python 3 documentation at
> https://docs.python.org/3/howto/webservers.html
>
> recommends "flup"

I disagree. In a section where it describes FastCGI, it presents a tiny
example as a way to test the packages installed. The example happens to
use ‘flup’.

That's quite different from a recommendation.

> I get the feeling, again, that nobody actually uses this stuff.
> […]
> I keep thinking I'm almost done with Python 3 hell, but then I
> get screwed by Python 3 again.

You have found yet another poorly-maintained package which is not at all
the responsibility of Python 3.

Why are you discussing it as though Python 3 is at fault? What do you
expect to change *about Python 3* that would address the perceived
problem? Whose responsibility is it to do that?

--
 \           “Oh, I love your magazine. My favorite section is ‘How To |
  `\          Increase Your Word Power’. That thing is really, really, |