Supply condition in function call

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Mar 28 05:17:30 EDT 2015

On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 06:50 pm, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> Larry Hudson <orgnut at yahoo.com>:
>
>> Highlight the selection you want copied, move the mouse cursor to the
>> location you want it copied to and middle-click with the mouse. Works
>> between programs as well as within a single program. And it copies
>> directly without going through the clipboard.
>
> Unfortunately, Linux nowadays employs both schemes. They just couldn't
> resist the lure of the clipboard.

"Unfortunately"?

The only "unfortunately" I have with two copy/paste schemes are:

- When I am forced to use a Windows application, middle-click *never*
pastes :-(

- Certain Linux applications like OpenOffice seem to have buggy
implementations of middle-click, and sometimes fail to recognise when
you've copied something in another application. But only sometimes.

--
Steven