Cannot Uninstall 3.4

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Mar 27 05:35:57 EDT 2015

On 26/03/2015 23:52, T Younger wrote:
> I have 3.4.1 (8/14) and replaced it with 3.4.2 (12/14)
> Neither of these uninstalled or I do not believe even had the option.
>
> I now wanted to update to 3.4.3 and the uninstall fails, provided the
> message that the installer is missing a program then backs off the changes.

(Assuming Windows since  you speak of an "installer" which wouldn't be
typical on Unix).

If your only goal is to upgrade, then you should be able to do that
without uninstalling. Simply download the 3.4.3 installer and install
over the 3.4.2 installation.

If you do want to uninstall for any other reason, sometimes the best
thing is to download the original installer, run it, and select the
"Remove All" option (or whatever it's called).

TJG