Fwd: test1

marcuslom101 at gmail.com marcuslom101 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 16:58:36 EDT 2015

On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 4:01:08 PM UTC-4, BartC wrote:
> On 26/03/2015 15:38, Tiglath Suriol wrote:
>
> > I did not spam anyone.  I posted to an open public newsgroup.  Just some code, nothing offensive or even directed to anyone.  Then people started to get cute, and now that returned fire is a bucket a drop they complaints like bitches on the rag.  Not surprised, but not SPAM either.  If anyone pull a newsgroup into his email that's his doing, not mine.
>
> There are 100,000 different public newsgroups for a reason: they are all
> about different subjects.
>
> Your post had nothing to do with Python that I could see.

A polite post at last. How refreshing.

That would be two off-topic posts I submitted.  All the replies to it were also off-topic, so it can't possibly be such a big crime.

> To post test messages, try alt.test. Otherwise the newsgroup would get
> swamped if everyone posted irrelevant random stuff.

Say that too to the imbeciles who jumped from the woodwork and made any swamping I may have caused much worst.

The reaction has been far worse than my action.  This stems from regular posters of a newsgroup developing a sense of entitlement and turf, which is purely imaginary.  This is a public place and everyone has the tools to ignore posts and posters.  They just wanted to play and mock and got burned.

> BTW why /did/ you choose this newsgroup?

I just needed to save some code and there was no email at hand, I use this because it's a group I am familiar with, alt.test sounds like a better option.

Thanks