The idle gui

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Mar 13 21:24:10 EDT 2015

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com wrote:

> We need more information than just "It doesn't work".  You wouldn't go to
> a car mechanic and say "It makes a funny noise", would you?  No.

Actually, most likely yes.It's remarkably hard to describe noises, and often
difficult to pin-point where they come from. My wife and I can sit in the
same car, listening to the same noise, and she swears it is coming from the
front left and I'm sure its coming from the rear right. (Invariably she's
correct.)

But at least the car mechanic can jump in the car and take it for a drive.

--
Steven