HELP!! How to ask a girl out with a simple witty Python code??

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Mar 6 18:22:48 EST 2015

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> (Well, I call it a "mild put-down". Ben may or may not agree that it is
> mild.)

I agree that the put-down is mild, in that the person uttering it
probably doesn't expect it to be more than a mild insult to the person
they were addressing.

That's quite orthogonal to the fact that invoking gender as an insult is
strongly undermining the goal of making our community welcoming to all
genders. That effect on third parties is completely unrelated to the
intended magnitude of the insult.

I'm glad we have common cause. Let's keep calling out harmful crap when
we see it.

--
 \     “Airports are ugly. Some are very ugly. Some attain a degree of |
  `\        ugliness that can only be the result of a special effort.” |