Python Worst Practices

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:06:56 EST 2015

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 9:13:21 AM UTC-8, Jon Ribbens wrote:
> On 2015-03-02, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > 	A pub's a bar; a bar's a gate; a gate's a street
>
> If each of those is supposed to be English first and then the American
> equivalent second, then I'm afraid the first one is misleading and the
> other two are just nonsense.

American here.  To me, a pub and a bar are different, but similar.

A bar is where people go to get drinks.  They might serve food, but rarely does anybody actually order some.  A pub on the other hand, has a greater focus on food and is commonly visited to get food along with their beer.

Of course, I imagine plenty of fellow Americans would disagree with me.