Scapy and MGCP

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon Jun 29 16:19:12 EDT 2015

In a message of Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:06:05 -0000, "Devaki Chokshi (dchokshi)" wr
ites:
>Hello,
>
>As per reply received I have begun to use scapy for MGCP.
>
>I started off with  reading a .pcap file with MGCP packets.
>
>For example:
>
>from scapy.all import *
>from scapy.utils import *
>from scapy.layers.mgcp import *
>
>mgcp_pkts = rdpcap("my-mgcp-capture.pcap")
>
>However, rdpcap() is returning all MGCP packets as UDP packets. The output is something like:
>
><my-mgcp-capture.pcap: TCP:33 UDP:262 ICMP:1 Other:0>
>
>All 262 UDP packets are actually MGCP packets.
>
>I would have thought rdpcap() will understand MGCP packet format.
>
>Would appreciate help on how I can make scapy read MGCP packets from a .pcap file.
>
>Thank you
>Devaki

Ask on the secdev mailing list.
see: https://bitbucket.org/secdev/scapy/wiki/doc/index

This 'everything is UDP' is normal, but I forget how to turn it off
if you don't want that, and it's been over 3 years so there may be
better ways than what I used .... plus for me it wasn't MGCP packets
anyhow.  At any rate  they will know over there.

Laura