Scapy and MGCP

Devaki Chokshi (dchokshi) dchokshi at cisco.com
Mon Jun 29 16:06:05 EDT 2015

Hello,

As per reply received I have begun to use scapy for MGCP.

I started off with  reading a .pcap file with MGCP packets.

For example:

from scapy.all import *
from scapy.utils import *
from scapy.layers.mgcp import *

mgcp_pkts = rdpcap("my-mgcp-capture.pcap")

However, rdpcap() is returning all MGCP packets as UDP packets. The output is something like:

<my-mgcp-capture.pcap: TCP:33 UDP:262 ICMP:1 Other:0>

All 262 UDP packets are actually MGCP packets.

I would have thought rdpcap() will understand MGCP packet format.

Would appreciate help on how I can make scapy read MGCP packets from a .pcap file.

Thank you
Devaki