operations on types

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Wed Jun 17 10:26:10 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 7:52:05 AM UTC-4, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 02:58 pm, Ian Kelly wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 8:04 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> > <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:
> >> I'm not sure why you are taking "Dr Bigcock" seriously. You know he isn't
> >> actually a doctor?
> >
> > I'm reasonably certain that they're actually the same person, and he's
> > now engaging in sockpuppetry [1] by starting conversations with
> > himself. He's not trying very hard to hide it, signing posts with both
> > accounts as "zipher" and then lamp-shading that fact by commenting on
> > it. I can't even find any record that "Dr. Bigcock" ever actually
> > posted the text that "Dr. John Q. Hacker" is now responding to.
>

> I must admit that the possibility of a sockpuppet crossed my mind too, even
> to the point of checking the headers of their posts to see if they came
> from the same IP address. (Inconclusive.)
>
> At the moment, I'm still willing to give Dr Hacker the benefit of the doubt
> re the sockpuppet suspicion.

If you search for "zondervanz", you will find the GitHub account theProhpet
with that email address: https://github.com/theProphet

There you will find a repo with commits like this one where theProphet adds
attributions to Mark Janssen:

https://github.com/theProphet/GlassBeadGame/commit/a1f5082feb76fb0d51b069dc81de2228ff36a221

The INSTALL file lists the owner as Mark:

https://github.com/theProphet/GlassBeadGame/blob/master/INSTALL

The Sourceforge page from that INSTALL is pangaia.sf.net, which
lists the Twitter account https://twitter.com/Xer0Dynamite, which
includes this tweet, asking to be called Dr Bigcock:

https://twitter.com/Xer0Dynamite/status/594217063725592577

We've been through this before.  Mark is energetic, and tantalizing,
but not worth engaging.

--Ned.