operations on types

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Jun 17 07:51:52 EDT 2015

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 02:58 pm, Ian Kelly wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 8:04 PM, Steven D'Aprano

>> I'm not sure why you are taking "Dr Bigcock" seriously. You know he isn't
>> actually a doctor?
>
> I'm reasonably certain that they're actually the same person, and he's
> now engaging in sockpuppetry [1] by starting conversations with
> himself. He's not trying very hard to hide it, signing posts with both
> accounts as "zipher" and then lamp-shading that fact by commenting on
> it. I can't even find any record that "Dr. Bigcock" ever actually
> posted the text that "Dr. John Q. Hacker" is now responding to.

I must admit that the possibility of a sockpuppet crossed my mind too, even
to the point of checking the headers of their posts to see if they came
from the same IP address. (Inconclusive.)

But there was an earlier post from Mark Jansen, a.k.a. Mark
Rosenblitt-Janssen, Dr Bigcock, and Zipher, starting this thread a few days
earlier. I won't link to it, but the relevant headers are: