Creating .exe file in Python

subhabrata.banerji at gmail.com subhabrata.banerji at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 09:56:12 EDT 2015

On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 9:59:33 PM UTC+5:30, Laura Creighton wrote:
> I don't have a windows system, so my knowledge of such things is
> minimal.  But looks like this person had the same problem you have,
> and got some suggestions on how to fix it.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12127869/error-msvcp90-dll-no-such-file-or-directory-even-though-microsoft-visual-c
>
> But your code is working fine now?  There is no point in packaging
> something that doesn't run.
>
> Laura

I have mostly solved the problem. But there are two issues making me slightly confusing:
i) In a bigger code I am calling scipy and after building .exe as I am calling
\dist\...exe it is giving ImportError: No module named _ufuncs_cxx
I have checked the resolution http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20169728/exe-created-with-py2exe-doesnt-work-and-returns-logfile-with-errors
but it is not giving much help.
ii) In a class how may I include if __name__ == "__main__": with multiple methods? But I think this is easy question there should be lot of web help.

If anyone may kindly suggest.

Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.