Creating .exe file in Python

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 13:09:36 EDT 2015

On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 5:08:58 AM UTC-7, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 15/06/2015 12:42, subhabrata.banerji at gmail.com wrote:
> > Dear Group,
> >
> > I am trying to learn how to create .exe file for Python. I tried to work around
> > http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial of Py2exe. The sample program went nice.
> > But if I try to make exe for larger programs with methods and classes I am getting error.
> >
> > If any one of the esteemed members may kindly suggest how to work out.
> > I am using Python2.7+ on Windows 7 Professional.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Subhabrata Banerjee.
> >

> I'm awfully sorry but both my main and backup crystal balls are being
> repaired due to overuse.  "I am getting error" is about as much use as a
> wet fart in a thunderstorm.  So given that I never much liked guessing
> games anyway as I'm not much good at them, how about telling us
> precisely what error you're getting.  In that way one or more of our
> most esteemed colleagues might be able to help.
>
> --
> My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask
> what you can do for our language.
>
> Mark Lawrence

"as much use as a wet fart in a thunderstorm"

I gotta remember that one.  :-D

But on topic...I really don't understand what makes people think we can *possibly* help them by only saying "I'm getting an error" without saying what the error is.

I mean, even before I ever became a programmer, I knew that if I needed help fixing something, I needed to give as much information as I could.  Exact error messages, detailed description of what I was doing, what I've done to try to fix it, etc.