Function to show time to execute another function

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Sun Jun 7 08:43:49 EDT 2015

On Sunday  7 Jun 2015 13:05 CEST, Tim Golden wrote:

> On 07/06/2015 11:16, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> On 07/06/2015 09:22, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>>> That only times the function. I explicitly mentioned I want both
>>> the needed time AND the output.
>>>
>>> Sadly the quality of the answers on this list is going down. Here
>>> I get an alternative that does only half what I want and when
>>> writing an alternative for ‘!find’ I am told I could use ‘!find’
>>> (which only works in ipython, not python and which also not works
>>> with Windows).
>>>

>> I suggest that you stop asking so many question here. Get your
>> cheque book and go for paid support.
>>

> Mark: that was too abrupt, even if the OP was being serious (and I
> suspect he may not have been, despite the absence of a smiley).
>
> Cecil: I don't know if you really meant that seriously, but it
> certainly comes across as ungracious if you did. If you meant it
> half-humorously, then you need to throw in a smiley or a wink to
> show that you were joking.

Yes, I was serious, but maybe I should have used some ‘honey’. When I
started posting questions here I was pleasantly surprised with the
very helpful responses, but lately I must say I see ‘answers’ that are
not only unhelpful, but potentially chasing people away. As I
explained in another post.

Maybe I am not very smart, but what is ungracious in pointing out that
in the reply on something I shared I think could be useful, the
‘solution’ does something else as what I shared?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer