Function to show time to execute another function

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sun Jun 7 07:05:06 EDT 2015

On 07/06/2015 11:16, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 07/06/2015 09:22, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>> That only times the function. I explicitly mentioned I want both the
>> needed time AND the output.
>>
>> Sadly the quality of the answers on this list is going down. Here I
>> get an alternative that does only half what I want and when writing an
>> alternative for ‘!find’ I am told I could use ‘!find’ (which only
>> works in ipython, not python and which also not works with Windows).
>>

> I suggest that you stop asking so many question here.  Get your cheque
> book and go for paid support.

Mark: that was too abrupt, even if the OP was being serious (and I
suspect he may not have been, despite the absence of a smiley).

Cecil: I don't know if you really meant that seriously, but it certainly
comes across as ungracious if you did. If you meant it half-humorously,
then you need to throw in a smiley or a wink to show that you were joking.

TJG