Find in ipython3

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Jun 5 00:28:44 EDT 2015

On 04Jun2015 20:23, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 06/04/2015 05:04 PM, Cameron Simpson wrote:
>> On 04Jun2015 13:09, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Why not use Python for what it's good for and say pipe the results of
>>> find into your python script?  Reinventing find poorly isn't going to
>>> buy you anything.
>>
>> And several others made similar disparaging remarks. I think you're all missing
>> some of the point of Cecil's approach.
>
>I take your point.  However I was not intending to make a disparaging
>remark and certainly didn't expect my post to be taken that way.

And I should apologise for suggesting you were being disparaging to Cecil as
such. I simply felt that these comments (don't bother reinventing the wheel, in
various forms) gave a discouraging tone.

>I've
>been down this road before (doing shell scripting things in Python), and
>it works pretty well for many things.  Was just sharing my experience is
>all.
>I don't mean to discourage exploration for exploration's sake.  By all
>means have fun. Python certainly is a fun language.

Agreed.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Gabriel Genellina: See PEP 234 http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0234/
Angus Rodgers:
  You've got to love a language whose documentation contains sentences
  beginning like this:
    "Among its chief virtues are the following four -- no, five -- no,
    six -- points: [...]"
from python-list at python.org