Find in ipython3

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 22:23:25 EDT 2015

On 06/04/2015 05:04 PM, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 04Jun2015 13:09, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why not use Python for what it's good for and say pipe the results of
>> find into your python script?  Reinventing find poorly isn't going to
>> buy you anything.
>
> And several others made similar disparaging remarks. I think you're all missing
> some of the point of Cecil's approach.

I take your point.  However I was not intending to make a disparaging
remark and certainly didn't expect my post to be taken that way. I've
been down this road before (doing shell scripting things in Python), and
it works pretty well for many things.  Was just sharing my experience is
all.

I don't mean to discourage exploration for exploration's sake.  By all
means have fun. Python certainly is a fun language.