How to inverse a particle emitter

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 22:17:44 EDT 2015

On 06/04/2015 05:47 PM, stephenppraneel7 at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 4:15:29 PM UTC-7, stephenp... at gmail.com wrote:
>> hey, i really need help, im a straight up beginner in scripting and i need to figure out how to make an inverted particle emitter using python in maya
>
> unfortunitly i have to make this using python not mel

Well, how would you do it in mel?  Perhaps you could then do it
similarly in Python.  But I suggest that before you can do anything in
Python you have to learn the language a little bit.  You should be able
to read Python code, for example, and tell what it does.  And know how
to implement basic algorithms (loops, if/then, variables, etc).