Everything is an object in python - object class and type class

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Wed Jun 3 17:33:59 EDT 2015

On 03/06/2015 21:58, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 03/06/2015 19:59, BartC wrote:
>

>> Does anyone need to understand CPython for anything?
>>

> No you (plural) don't.  If people were to spend more time writing code
> and less time on hypothetical claptrap the amount of noise on this list
> would probably be reduced by 99%.

Not so hypothetical in my case as I have to implement a lot of this stuff.

I'm also quite interested in how Python does things. If it's a good idea
I'll copy it, if not I'll try and avoid it!

> Then knock out those who are interested in things like rugby, with
> Haskell being an England international, my beautiful eight month old
> great niece Ruby, and various other things, we might even spend some
> time actually talking about the Python programming langauge.  Or have
> you all forgotten that that is what this list is about?  Hardly
> surprising that the bulk of the core devs left years ago, is it?

(I'm accessing the 'list' (whatever that is) via usenet. Usenet itself
is slowly dying. However I don't believe there weren't pointless
discussions that went around in circles years ago too!)

--
Bartc