Everything is an object in python - object class and type class

TheDoctor dreamingforward at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 00:47:45 EDT 2015

> > A type is not an object in the same way an instantiated type is an object -- anymore than a blueprint for a building is the building itself.
>
> Point 1
>
> Yes.  You may be onto something here Mark [I assume that's your name].
> Some very intelligent people have suggested that the sloppy use of 'is'
> causes more misunderstanding than any useful communication.
> See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-Prime.

Ah, yes.  Very good.  Probably relevant.

> And in "Gödel, the Mind and the Laws of Physics" Roger Penrose draws a picture
> of Three worlds and the mysteries that connect them
> http://sustainedreaction.yuku.com/topic/4931/Three-Worlds-Three-Mysteries#.VW0b9rzGI8o

Amazing you reference that site.  I used to interact with Ghost Dog who's referenced at the bottom of that post.  Are you familiar with sustainedaction.org?

> 1. The mathematical world
> 2. The mental world
> 3. The physical world
>
> which means that the 'is' in each is different.

Yes.  That's good.

> As enumerated here http://blog.languager.org/2015/03/cs-history-0.html
> the history and very existence of CS has arisen from grapping with these questions.

Interesting, will read up more.

> Point 2: [unrelated to the content of the OP]
> You may wish to consider whether your style and the names you keep assuming
> and changing are helping you.  Best I can see many people have begun to killfile you.

Yes, I know.  The names change based on mood.  The canonical address remains the same.  People are dumb, but perhaps I am dumb for treating them as equals.  Perhaps that's not a fair assumption.  I thought it was polite.

It's quite clear, that there's a bit of religion here and when I come in and point it out, they pull out their Bible and cast me out.

I get too weary to explain more.  You know how it is arguing to evangelical Christians.  Perhaps another time.

Mark, one of my real names.