Using Python instead of Bash

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon Jun 1 11:44:44 EDT 2015

In a message of Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:44:34 +0200, Cecil Westerhof writes:
>Also the funny thing is that I first scanned it. But it gave several
>problems. One of them was that it is a format between A4 and A5.
>Taking pictures is faster and gives better results.
>
>--
>Cecil Westerhof
>Senior Software Engineer
>LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/cecilwesterhof

My irony detector may be on the fritz today, but, well, if you run into
some weird format between A4 and A5, you probably have a USA size.
see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size#North_American_paper_sizes

Most scanning programs have a way of specifying what paper size you want,
though those made in the USA have a natural tendancy to default to the
wierd American sizes.

Apologies if you already know all about this ...

Laura