Gmail eats Python

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Wed Jul 29 12:32:46 EDT 2015

In a message of Tue, 28 Jul 2015 20:35:15 -0700, Rustom Mody writes:
>- I should not have to customize emacs so that CTRL/A, CTRL/E, CTRL/N, and
>CTRL/P continue to work the way they've done since the mid-1970s.
>
>etc etc
>¹ emacs 18 dates from around 1992 (!!)

No, the original one was written in 1976.

These control characters are the very basic move characters in emacs.
People have always been free to remap them if they want them to do
something else, but waking up in the morning and discovering that you
cannot move to the front of your current line, to the end ot it, one line
up and one line down  because somebody has changed this ***for everybody***
would get me quite upset, too.

Laura (happy emacs user since 1979)