Python Questions - July 25, 2015

Rob Gaddi rgaddi at technologyhighland.invalid
Mon Jul 27 19:14:50 EDT 2015

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 13:49:57 +0100, BartC wrote:

> How do you actually install Numpy in Windows?
>
> I had a go a month or two ago and couldn't get anywhere.

As I recall you noodle around with it for a few hours making things that
look like progress but turn out to be rabbit holes.  Then you break down
sobbing, go off, get drunk, come back the next day with your head
pounding, delete your existing installation in a fit of pique, install
Anaconda's distribution with the whole SciPy stack already built in, and
have it just magically work.

I suppose you could try skipping the earlier steps, but at that point I
wouldn't be able to vouch for the process.