Python Questions - July 25, 2015

E.D.G. edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 26 18:32:02 EDT 2015

"E.D.G." <edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:Q5SdnTejbKKjxyjInZ2dnUU7-TednZ2d at earthlink.com...

Posted by E.D.G.  July 26, 2015

       There is an additional comment for people who are interested in
scientific programming efforts.

       Most people are aware that when the U.S. Government tried to get a
Web site running in connection with the Affordable Care Act a while ago, the
government Web site crashed.

       One of the major problems with government programming efforts appears
to me to be the fact that people working in different government agencies
are often using different programming languages.  And those people don't
communicate with one another.  The results are inefficiency.

      To demonstrate that the programming effort I am discussing is quite
serious I am providing the following indirect link.  This is for a proposed
effort to get as many government scientists etc. as possible connected with
one another and moving in the same direction at the same time.

http://www.freewebs.com/eq-forecasting/DSAT.html

       If that type of program does eventually get created then the
government scientists are still going to want some computer language that
they can all work with.  And an important question at this time is, "Might
one of the languages of choice be Python?"

Regards,

E.D.G.