Python Questions - July 25, 2015

E.D.G. edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 26 18:08:03 EDT 2015

"mm0fmf" <none at mailinator.com> wrote in message
news:J5ctx.20800$IK6.11473 at fx46.am4...
 > Am I the only person thinking Troll?

Posted by E.D.G.   July 26, 2015

       In my opinion, one of the most important aspects in considering the
selection of a new programming language is the willingness of people posting
notes to the language's newsgroup to be friendly and cooperative.  And in
that regard, I have found the Fortran people to be the best.  I never
encountered an unfriendly note in that newsgroup.  Unfortunately, Fortran
just "ran out of steam" when it came to Windows applications.

       As far as I can recall, yours is only the second time I have
encountered a Python newsgroup note that, in my opinion, did not have a
friendly tone to it.  And if that appears to be the general case here then
all of the people with whom I work will just dump Python as a language to
consider.

       The Perl newsgroup is yet another matter.  And we have all largely
decided to abandon Perl as the language of choice because it has seemed to
be so difficult to get any help in that newsgroup.

Regards,

E.D.G.