Gmail eats Python

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Sun Jul 26 02:55:29 EDT 2015

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:

> Emacs tries to be absolutely everything, not just editing text files;
> that's why it's big.

I use emacs for most of my text inputting needs. Sometimes I even use it
to type in web forms (prepare it in emacs and copy the text over into
the form).

I'm typing now. Hence, I'm using emacs. It's great that I don't have to
settle for less.

No matter what I'm typing, M-$ spell-checks the word under the cursor.
No matter what I'm typing, M-x picture-mode allows me to draw a picture
in ASCII graphics. And C-x ( starts a macro -- immensely useful in many
circumstances.

Emacs also works over text terminal connections. I use it all the time
to access virtual machines at the office as well as my home machine from
overseas.

Marko