Encoding of Python 2 string literals

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Jul 23 01:34:35 EDT 2015

On Thursday 23 July 2015 07:26, Mark Lawrence wrote:

> Oh, and please do not tell me to back off.  It has been show in recent
> days that despite my problems I have contributed to core Python.
> Anatoly will contribute to any project, but on his terms, and his terms
> only.  I have never done any such thing, and wouldn't even contemplate it.

Contributing to issues on the tracker doesn't give you a licence to be a
dick.

Anatoly asked a perfectly reasonable question in the right forum.
Disregarding his polite request to CC him, which in my opinion is a bit
cheeky but not always unreasonable and certainly not a bannable offense, he
has done nothing wrong in this thread and didn't deserve your hostile and
vindictive attack.

So, back off. Please.

--
Steve